End of Year Meme
As taken from Anastasia.
1. Will you be looking for a new job?
No, just started a new one.
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
Uh, no. Mrs. LP is the greatest!
3. New house?
Just bought one.
4. What will you do different in 08?
Not sure…I guess developing this mission.
5. New Years resolution?
I would like to drink more, and maybe start smoking again. (kidding)
6. What will you not be doing in 08?
7. Any trips planned?
I have to go to Chicago in February for my work and to Florida so that Mrs. LP can present her dissertation proposal over the summer.
8. Wedding plans?
Not for me, thanks.
9. Major thing on your calendar?
The due date of my new baby.
10. What can’t you wait for?
The due date of my new baby.
11. What would you like to see happen differently?
I want to see this mission grow and prosper. These folks are faithful souls who have been through so much, and I want nothing more than for them to see the fruition of their vision of a faithful Lutheran witness in this community.
12. What about yourself will you be changing?
I really need to get a grip on my health. I weigh over 300 lbs now, never exercise, and I don’t eat the best diet in the world. The focus for me has shifted from vanity about the way I look (the impetus for exercising in the past) to simply wanting to see my kids grow up.
13. What happened in 07 that you didn’t think would ever happen?
I really didn’t anticipate another pregnancy this year.
14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
I would like to. I mean, I need to not let the smart pubescent mouth of my son irritate me so much that I yell at him.
15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in 07?
16. Will you start or quit drinking?
I am pretty sure that if I quit drinking beer I get my Lutheran card taken away.
17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
I always want it to be better with my immediate family. As far as non-nuclear family goes, then no.
18. Will you do charity work?
As if I have a choice.
19. Will you go to bars?
I am getting a bit old for that. I will try to make it to the local Tiki Bar at least once this year for dinner with Mrs. LP and a round of Suffering Bastards (though she prefers menahune juice).
20. Will you be nice to people you don’t know?
I don’t like the term “nice”. I prefer civil. And yes, I will be civil.
21. Do you expect 08 to be a good year for you?
I hope so. This year has been a bit stressful with job changes and moves and the like. I am just hoping for a stable year that finds my wife and kids happy.
22. How much did you change from this time last year till now?
My daughter changed my life in ways I wasn’t even prepared for. It has made me shift my focus and priorities. That was a big change.
23. Do you plan on having a child?
Yes, a baby boy in April!
24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?
I think so. Truth is that my friendship circle is pretty limited, and most of those people live at a distance, which really sucks.
25. Major lifestyle changes?
This school year my wife took a MASSIVE pay cut to get us here. Things will be much tighter financially then they have been in years.
26. Will you be moving?
No…at least, I hope not.
27. What will you make sure doesn’t happen in 08 that happened in 07?
What am I, a freakin’ psychic?
28. What are your New Years Eve plans?
During the day, I think we are going to try and hook up with the Derek’s clan. After dark, however, I will be tending my children and attempting to stay up until midnight, though I am sure I will fall asleep on the sofa.
29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
30. One wish for 08?
That my wife and children are happy and healthy.